A successful university experience involves more than just attending classes. UFV International provides a variety of support services to help you be successful. Use the resources below to make the most of your UFV education and stay on track at UFV.
See an advisor to plan your course work
Advisors can help you choose courses and explain university procedures, but ultimately you’re in charge of planning your studies. It’s up to you to:
- Schedule and attend appointments with your advisor
- Meet course and program requirements
- If you have met the entrance requirements of your goal program, formally request a program change. Program changes are not automatic. They can be done electronically through your myUFV student account.
Book an appointment with your international advisor if you are in:
- Qualifying Studies
- English Language Studies, Upgrading & University Preparation, or Foundation program
- General Studies diploma (0-30 credits)
- Switching programs or planning to transfer
If you are in a program, find your program advisor on the Advising Centre's website.
Find out how to confirm which program you are in.
Register on time
As an International student you have priority registration if you register on your registration date (found on myUFV, approximately two weeks before registration starts). If you register after that date you may find yourself on a class waitlist.
Renew your study permit before it expires
To stay in Canada and study at UFV, you need a valid study permit. Apply to renew at least 90 days before the expiration of your study permit. View more info about study permit renewal.
If you need documentation from UFV to renew your study permit, secure a scholarship, or request funds for your bank, make sure you plan ahead and request a letter well in advance of your deadline.