The Global Lounge is a welcoming and comfortable space to have conversations. It is a centre of diversity, cross-cultural exchange, and the respectful debate of ideas and views. It is a great place to study, hang out with friends, attend an event, or simply drop in for a break.
Visit the Global Lounge
The Global Lounge is a space designed to enrich your UFV student experience. We have tables for studying, cozy chairs for relaxing, and a 70-inch screen TV with cable, HDMI hookup, and Blu-Ray player. We also have free tea, coffee, water, and light snacks to share.
Location: Room B223, inside the reception area of UFV International (look for “Global Lounge” and “UFV International” signs in the hall outside the area)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Fall 2023 Global Lounge programs
Our regular weekly programming includes planned activities and drop-ins.
Games Night: [Thursdays from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.]
Take a break to hang out with your friends in the Global Lounge. Enjoy some food, and play games while vibing to good tunes.
Friends Without Borders: [Time and Date to be Announced Soon]
Friends Without Borders (FWB) is a 10-week intercultural peer support program that builds social and cultural connections for students. The program is designed to provide a supportive community for UFV students to connect globally, pursue intercultural learning, and build meaningful connections.
STEP Café: [Time and Date to be Announced Soon]
The STEP Café is a weekly drop-in to help international students. Get answers to questions about different parts of student life, including academics, health, accommodation, working, self-care and community engagement.
Global Lounge Special Events
Check out the Global Lounge Events Calendar for more upcoming events exclusively hosted in the Global Lounge.
Book the Global Lounge for your own event
You can book the Global Lounge for your own event. Some examples of events that we have hosted include photo exhibits, movie nights, salsa dancing lessons, and cultural events.
Each booking should include 15 to 30 minutes for setup at the beginning plus 15 to 30 minutes for cleanup after the event.
- Non-exclusive booking during office hours: You can request to use a section of the lounge for activities during regular office hours.
- If you request a booking during this time, the Global Lounge space is not exclusive for your event. There will be foot traffic and noise from other visitors passing through. Those people may become interested in what is going on.
- Additionally, because people work in the UFV International offices, we will consider the noise impact of your proposed activity before deciding whether to approve your request.
- Exclusive booking outside of office hours: You can book the lounge for your exclusive use from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Cost and who can book it
You can book the Global Lounge at no charge if you are:
- An approved club
- A group of students trying to form a club
- A faculty member
We also offer small snacks for free.
Events that are catered or take place after hours may require additional costs for security, catering, etc.