Prepare to live in Canada

Find out what you need before you travel, after you arrive, and while you are living here.

Apply for study permits and visas

You need a study permit and visa/eTA to enter Canada as a new UFV international student. Find out how to get them and learn how Student Direct Stream (SDS) guidelines can help.

Housing for students and visitors

Whether you are coming to UFV as a student, or visiting a family member who is studying here, there are lots of options for places to stay. Students can choose from our Baker House residence, or private accommodations off-campus. Visitors can stay at local hotels or rent furnished homes.

Required medical insurance

International UFV students must have appropriate medical and healthcare insurance while studying in Canada. This rule also applies to exchange and visiting students.

Accessing Medical Care

Learn about the medical system in Canada, and where to go when you need care.

Travel to Canada

Before you travel to Canada, be sure you have a clear quarantine plan. The process of arriving and getting settled has extra steps because of the pandemic.

Settling in Abbotsford

Learn about where to access the necessities in Abbotsford, such as grocery stores, shopping, banking, Wi-Fi, and transportation.


Related Resources

UFV International viewbook

Contact Us