Find the forms and information you need to apply for international studies or prepare for an international trip with UFV.
International travel policies and procedures
- International Travel Policy 237 [PDF]: our policy for international travel, including definitions and regulations.
- International Travel Approval Procedures [PDF]: the process for students and employees to request approval to organize an international trip.
Study Abroad application forms
- Study abroad application form [PDF]: Apply to study abroad as an outbound exchange student. Note: You must attend a mandatory Study Abroad information session before you can apply to study abroad. This form will be available in January 2022.
- Request for Letter of Permission [PDF]: Transfer the credits you receive during international studies.
International travel forms
You must complete these forms before you participate in any international travel with UFV.
- UFV student information form [PDF]
- UFV Freedom of Information consent [PDF]
- International travel statement of risks and terms of travel [PDF]
- International travel waiver [PDF]
- Emergency contact information [PDF]
Information for studying abroad
- Decide where to study abroad: Learn about each of our study abroad partner institutions.
The full cost to study abroad varies by country and institution.
You are responsible to pay:
- Your UFV tuition and student fees for each semester abroad
- Airfare and other travel expenses to and from your host institution
- Insurance, which usually includes UFV’s mandatory insurance and your host institution’s insurance.
- Visa applications
- Passport registration or renewal
- Living expenses
Some institutions may have additional costs. You are not required to pay application fees or tuition to your host institution.
If you need help determining how much your semester abroad will cost, contact the UFV Study Abroad Coordinator.
Financial aid to study abroad
We offer scholarships to students studying abroad at specific partner institutions. The institutions and amounts change each year and range from CAD $500 to $4000.
Contact the UFV Study Abroad coordinator to find out if you are eligible for a scholarship.
- Search for Canadian embassies or consulates by country.
- Find up-to-date information on international travel advisories.
- Get instructions about how to get a visa for your trip.
- Register for the Government of Canada emergency notification service in case of an emergency abroad or personal emergency at home.
- Use International SOS to learn about the laws, culture, climate, and travel requirements in different countries.
- To log in, go to the Subscribers page, and then under Already a subscriber?, enter your membership number.
- Note: You were given a membership number when you were accepted into the Study Abroad program. If you cannot remember your number or are having trouble logging in, contact email@example.com.