Whether you are a new student or a returning student, we can help you adjust to university life and living in Canada. We have resources, support, and ideas to guide you at UFV and in your life in the community.
Getting the help you need, when you need it
We all need help sometimes. You are far away from home and going to school in another country is not easy.
UFV International can help you:
- Get information about housing, accommodation, and other settlement related needs.
- Access the Student Support Centre and other services at UFV and in the community.
- Develop coping skills and strategies to deal with university transition, cultural transition, and challenging situations.
- Identify programs and engagement opportunities to build meaningful connections.
Email the coordinators for International Student Success at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
UFV has lots of peer support programs and social activities to help you feel comfortable. This includes the following:
- En Route program (Temporarily suspended due to the pandemic. May restart soon.)
- Friends Without Borders
- STEP Café
- Global Lounge