Whether you are a new student or a returning student, we can help you adjust to university life and living in Canada. We have resources, support, and ideas to guide you at UFV and in your life in the community.
Getting the help you need, when you need it
We all need help sometimes. You are far away from home and going to school in another country is not easy.
UFV International can help you:
- Get information about housing, accommodation, and other settlement related needs.
- Access the Student Support Centre and other services at UFV and in the community.
- Develop coping skills and strategies to deal with university transition, cultural transition, and challenging situations.
- Identify programs and engagement opportunities to build meaningful connections.
Email the coordinators for International Student Success at email@example.com to book an appointment.
One-on-one virtual drop-ins
As a UFVstudent, you have access to a number of resources to help you during your international education journey. UFV International offers virtual drop-ins if you require assistance for a specific topic. Drop-ins are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis and can be booked daily from 8 am.
Choose from three topics:
- Study/work permit with John Fernando
- Registration and English upgrading with Hong Qiao
- Account and fee with Lea Carr
UFV has lots of peer support programs and social activities to help you feel comfortable. This includes the following: