Required Medical Insurance for Studying in Canada
As an international student, you must have medical insurance while you are in Canada. Learn more about required medical insurance provided through UFV.
Arrange for your permits and visas
If you are a new student, see Apply for study permits and visas.
If you are currently a student, see Immigration: Updating study permits and visas.
Learn about coming to Canada during COVID-19
Before you confirm your travel plans, be sure you fully understand our Coming to Canada during the pandemic information. Use it to:
- Determine your eligibility to travel to Canada.
- Find resources.
- Stay up to date with the most recent Government of Canada travel requirements.
- Create your pre-travel plan.
You will also learn about:
- Submitting a quarantine plan to the government (required) using the ArriveCan app (see below).
- Using the iCent app (see below) to submit your travel/quarantine details to UFV (required).
- What to expect at the airport, and a documentation checklist.
Travel options from the airport to UFV
After you have passed through customs and immigration and completed any required COVID-19 testing at Vancouver International Airport (YVR), you will need to go directly to your place of residency in Canada. You can use public transportation to get to your place of residence. While using public transportation, you must wear a mask. You can review the transportation options at YVR on their website .
Upon request, UFV can also arrange for Language Limousine Airport Service to meet you at the airport and take you to your quarantine location. This service has to be booked in advance. To arrange your transportation and book in advance click here
Tell us about your travel plans at least 14 days before you travel
A minimum 14 days before you travel, you must advise us of your travel plans using the iCent app.