Before you travel to Canada:
- Assess your quarantine plan before you travel.
- Get your pre-entry COVID-19 test.
- Reserve your 3-night hotel stopover in a government-authorized hotel.
- Use the ArriveCAN app to submit your travel and quarantine plans. Download on Google Play for Android or through the App Store for iOS.
Hint: when the app asks: "If your travel is EXEMPT?" Choose 'NO'
- Submit your Travel and Quarantine details to UFV. The Government of Canada requires post-secondary institutions to closely monitor all students throughout quarantine.
UFV International staff will contact you upon arrival and throughout your quarantine.
SUBMIT TRAVEL PLANS TO UFV
At the Canadian Immigration Checkpoint, a border services officer will determine if you can enter the country. You must present your ArriveCan receipt, test results, and quarantine plans to the Canadian Border Services Agent.
Document checklist for Canadian customs:
You will need to bring the following documents with you for Canadian customs:
- Valid passport
- A study permit, OR
- Port of entry letter of introduction (study permit approval)
- A copy of your official letter of acceptance from the University of the Fraser Valley
- Confirmation of enrollment
- Financial guarantee
- ArriveCan receipt
The Quarantine Handbook is an all-encompassing guide that contains information and tips on everything you need to know about preparing for - and during - your 14-day mandatory quarantine. Information includes accessing meals, medication, accommodation, transportation, what to do if you experience symptoms, and much more. UFV International staff is here to support you before, during, and after your quarantine.
Note: This handbook does not include the most recent travel updates. Please refer to the top of this webpage for recent + additional travel requirements.
Supporting you through Quarantine & beyond
Student services are open
During COVID-19, all student services at UFV are operating remotely — either online or via the telephone. To learn more about how to access student services, see the status of services table.
In addition, UFV continues to offer engagement programs that allow students to connect virtually with each other!
Get connected and supported:
This virtual wellness initiative is a way for you to connect to the UFV Student Community from the comfort of your home. REACH stands for Recreation, Engagement, Awareness, Connection, and Health! The group hopes to explore wellness through a holistic lens that touches on all the parts of REACH.
Join UFV REACH
FOR INCOMING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
CLIMB (International Student Orientation)
We are pleased to welcome students from more than 75 countries! We want you to start your #FarFromOrdinary journey off right, by attending CLIMB - your International Student Orientation designed just for you! Learn the essentials of being a UFV student, and get the chance to meet our team as well as your fellow peers.
Go to CLIMB