This Fall, Friends Without Borders Program is excited to provide a supportive space for UFV students to connect globally, learn from each other's culture, and support one another.
The sessions will be held on Tuesdays, 3:00PM-4:30PM PDT from September 28th, 2021 to November 16th, 2021 on the Abbotsford campus.
For this to happen, we will be needing the support of committed Community Leaders.
FWB Community Leaders play a leadership role in the FWB program by co-planning and co-leading FWB sessions. They provide assistance, guidance, and support to program participants while having fun. They play a valuable role in supporting their peers to experience a successful transition to University life in Canada.
Qualifying FWB Community Leaders receive credits on their UFV Co-Curricular Record (CCR) and are recognized as student leaders at UFV. Check here for a full description of the Community Leader Position.
Who can join as a FWB Community Leader?
To be a successful FWB Community Leader, you must:
- Have leadership skills.
- Have experience supporting peers.
- Have interest in intercultural learning and sharing.
- Have an interest in building a diverse and inclusive community at UFV.
- Have knowledge of available resources for students at UFV.
- Have participated in Friends without Borders or other leadership programs for at least one semester (Preferred).
- Attend the mandatory training session.
- Be available for FWB Community Leaders meetings.
- Be available for FWB sessions.
- Attend an interview.
- Be open to learning new things.
- Be ready to have fun.
Please fill out the application form below if you wish to serve as a Community Leader for the Fall 2021 semester. Once your application is received, we will be contacting you regarding the next step.
If you have any questions, feel free to email: email@example.com