Global Engagement Volunteers (GEV) are an integral part of UFV’s community engagement and internationalization.
The program helps both local and international students achieve lasting, positive academic outcomes and social relationships. Participants get to grow their leadership and intercultural skills and engage fully in the culturally diverse and vibrant UFV community.
What are Global Engagement Volunteers (GEV)?
Global Engagement Volunteers are both international and local UFV students, who meet and support new international students, build leadership and intercultural skills, and plan events to showcase the culturally diverse and vibrant UFV community.
What do GEVs do?
Global Engagement Volunteers are key to UFV International internationalization efforts, and in supporting new and returning international students. GEVs are required to volunteer for one semester, and participate in:
- Mandatory leadership & intercultural training
- International Student Arrival Day
- The development and planning of cultural events
- weekly "Lounge hours" at the UFV Global Lounge
What are the benefits of being a GEV?
As a participant, you enjoy the following:
- Co-Curricular Recognition
- T-shirt and other UFV swag
- Volunteer appreciation party
- Personal and professional development (intercultural leadership, event planning)
- A new network of friends at UFV
How do I sign up?
We are currently recruiting for Summer 2020. Please fill out the provided online form below.
Summer 2020 Important Dates
The following dates are mandatory dates for the Summer semester.
March 9, 2020, or March 13, 2020
|International Arrival Day Meeting
||April 29, 2020|
International Arrival Day
May 1, 2020
GEV sign-up will occur on a first-come, first served basis. Once we reach the maximum number of volunteers, recruitment will be closed.