The CLIMB Guide program is composed of orientation student leaders who are committed to supporting new international students as they navigate the CLIMB programming, UFV International redefined international student orientation. Each new international student will get to meet their CLIMB Guide one month before the start of their first semester. New students will have an opportunity to connect with CLIMB Guides based on their own academic programs. The CLIMB Guide program helps new international students orient themselves as they begin to settle into the UFV community.
Who are the CLIMB Guides (CG)?
The CLIMB Guides are both international and domestic UFV students. They connect and support new international students, as they begin their transition to being a UFV student. They are student leaders who are happy to share their experience at UFV, whether that is in or outside of the classroom. New students can choose to connect with any of the CLIMB Guides based on their academic program.
What do CLIMB Guides do?
CLIMB Guides support CLIMB by helping new international student’s navigate UFV resources and answer any questions in regards to being a student at UFV. All CLIMB Guides must complete the following responsibilities:
- Host a Q&A session based on their academic program
- Connect and check-in with new students assigned to their group chat
- Participate and support the Peak event (live welcome for CLIMB)
- Invite new students in their assigned groups to welcome week events and other exclusive CLIMB Guide social events
What are the benefits of being a CLIMB Guide
As a guide, you enjoy the following:
- Co-Curricular Recognition
- CLIMB Guide swag
- Appreciation package
- Personal and professional development (intercultural leadership, event planning)
- A new network of friends at UFV
The following dates are mandatory dates for the Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 semester.
Training Date Options
Training will be around 2 hours long and will include volunteer expectations, diversity and bias awareness training and online etiquette.
- Thursday, November 12
- Friday, November 13
- Monday, November 16
Meet and Greet Event
The Meet and Greet event is an opportunity for new international students to connect with all the CLIMB Guides and ask questions regarding your experience as a UFV student. This event will be live and recorded for students who are unable to attend due to time zone difference.
This event is scheduled to be on Friday, December 4th, 2020.
The Peak Event
The grand event of the CLIMB (international student orientation) programming! At this event we will celebrate the journey all our new international took to arrive at UFV. There will be games, prize giveaways and an opportunity for new students to feel truly part of the UFV community.
- Monday, January 4th, 2021
CLIMB Guide Extra Hours
- December 4, 2020 - January 8, 2021, minimum 5-10 hours/week engaging with new international students
- January 9-31, 2021, check in with new international weekly and invite them to online events
- February 1-April 9, 2021, check in monthly with the new international student's transition
How do I Sign-up?
We are currently recruiting! Please fill out the provided online form below.
CLIMB Guide Application Form