The CLIMB Guide program is composed of orientation student leaders who are committed to supporting new international students as they navigate the CLIMB programming, UFV International redefined international student orientation. Each new international student will get to meet their CLIMB Guide one month before the start of their first semester. New students will have an opportunity to connect with CLIMB Guides based on their own academic programs. The CLIMB Guide program helps new international students orient themselves as they begin to settle into the UFV community.
Who are the CLIMB Guides (CG)?
The CLIMB Guides are both international and domestic UFV students. They connect and support new international students, as they begin their transition to being a UFV student. They are student leaders who are happy to share their experience at UFV, whether that is in or outside of the classroom. New students can choose to connect with any of the CLIMB Guides based on their academic program.
What do CLIMB Guides do?
CLIMB Guides support CLIMB by helping new international student’s navigate UFV resources and answer any questions in regards to being a student at UFV. All CLIMB Guides must complete the following responsibilities:
- Host a Q&A session based on their academic program
- Connect and check-in with new students assigned to their group chat
- Participate and support the Peak event (live welcome for CLIMB)
- Invite new students in their assigned groups to welcome week events and other exclusive CLIMB Guide social events
What are the benefits of being a CLIMB Guide
As a guide, you enjoy the following:
- Co-Curricular Recognition
- CLIMB Guide swag
- Appreciation package
- Personal and professional development (intercultural leadership, event planning)
- A new network of friends at UFV
The following dates are mandatory dates for the Winter 2021 and Summer 2021 semester.
Training Date Options
Training will be around 2 hours long and will include volunteer expectations, diversity and bias awareness training and online etiquette.
- Monday, February 22
- Wednesday, February 24
Meet and Greet Event
Is an opportunity for new international students to connect with all the CLIMB Guides and ask questions regarding your experience as a UFV student. It will be hosted live and recorded for students who are unable to attend due to time zone difference.
This event is scheduled to be on Friday, April 9, 2021.
The Peak Event
The grand event of CLIMB (international student orientation)! At the Peak we want to celebrate each students arrival to UFV.
This event is scheduled to be on Friday, April 30, 2021.
CLIMB Guide Extra Hours
- Connect with your group of new international students
- Invite them to engage with other UFV communities
- Respond to their UFV based inquiries
How do I Sign-up?
We are currently recruiting! Please fill out the provided online form below.
CLIMB Guide Application Form