Important updates for travelling to Canada
This information was last updated on April 9, 2022. Travel restrictions, resting and quarantine requirements may change without notice.
For information specific to UFV, visit Return to campus.
March 17 - Government of Canada will remove pre-entry test requirement for fully vaccinated travellers on April 1
As of April 1, 2022
- pre-entry testing will no longer be required for fully vaccinated travellers to travel to Canada
- you may be selected for mandatory random testing on arrival but will not be required to quarantine while waiting for test results
- testing requirements will not change for partially or unvaccinated travellers.
February 15 - Government of Canada lightens border measures as part of transition of the pandemic response
As of February 28, 2022
- travellers have the option to use a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result taken the day prior to their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border
- on-arrival testing for fully vaccinated travellers have been eased and quarantine while waiting for test results will no longer be required
- measures for unvaccinated travellers remain unchanged