How to pay international tuition fees
UFV offers a selection of flexible options for paying your fees from Canada or abroad.
- New international students can find the tuition and fee deposit amount on their conditional letter of acceptance. All fees must be paid in Canadian dollars.
- Before registration every semester, current students will receive an email from UFV International sent to their UFV student account, detailing their tuition and fees. Tuition and fees must be paid in full in order to take advantage of priority registration.
Payment options from abroad
WU® GlobalPay for Students
WU®GlobalPay for Students is an international student payment portal that makes it easy and cost-effective for you or your family to pay in your local currency from your home bank account.
The platform provides you with a quote in your local currency, which is valid for 72 hours, so you can pay without worrying about exchange rates, added bank fees, or funds arriving short.
Follow these easy steps:
- Visit the payment portal and fill out your student details.
- Select the items for which you wish to pay and choose a payment option. Due to banking regulations, not all currencies are available. If your home currency isn’t offered, you can pay in another currency, such as the U.S. dollar.
- Enter the payment details of the person making the payment and select the language in which you would like to receive your instructions. (You may need to temporarily allow pop-ups in your browser to view the payment instructions.)
- Print your payment instructions and process your payment at your bank or through online banking.
- You are done. Western Union Business Solutions will post the funds to your student account as soon as they are received, usually 2-5 days from when you make your transfer.
Make a payment now
View this short video to see how it works:
Additional GlobalPay options in China
Using WU® GlobalPay, you can obtain information on submitting a payment in local currency directly from China.
GeoSwift offers students and parents the ability to pay tuition through a secure online service via multiple payment options, which include China Union Pay (Debit, Credit Card) and Mobile Wallet, (including Alipay and Tenpay) in your local currency CNY.
- Pay in person directly from any CITIC Bank branch in the Guangzhou area.
Additional GlobalPay options in India
- ICICI Bank
GlobalPay offers the ability to pay your Canadian tuition in your local currency of INR, ensuring your total Canadian amount owed is paid in full. ICICI transfers the funds to the school in a quick and timely manner. Simply select your country, choose ICICI, and follow the instructions provided.
- Weizman Forex and Paul Merchants
Using WU® GlobalPay, you can obtain information on submitting a payment in Indian rupee. Then, you or your parents, agent, or sponsor can process payment in person by visiting any Weizmann Forex or Paul Merchants location, or by booking a house visit from a trained representative.
Payment options from Canada
Check the Office of the Registrar website for additional payment options from a Canadian bank account.
Credit Card (available only for international students)
UFV accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express through your myUFV account; by phone: 604-854-4501 or 1-888-823-8734 toll free from within Canada; or in-person at the Office of the Registrar (OReg).
For international payments, we recommend using GlobalPay for Students, as described above. This option allows you to pay tuitions & fees in the currency of your choice in a simple and secure manner.
Paying via Credit Card from China
For Student or Parents in China, UFV recommends WU® GlobalPay as the preferred payment method paying for tuition via Credit Card. Simply select your country as China, and choose the GeoSwift option on Step 2.